Growth Marketing Lead - Affiliate and Partnerships (NYC Office)
Marketing & Communications, Sales & Business Development
New York, NY, USA
Posted on Wednesday, August 16, 2023
Baselane is a rapidly growing banking and financial management platform for individual landlords and real estate investors. We are backed by leading FinTech investors, including Activant Capital, Collaborative Fund, Conversion Capital, Diagram Ventures, ThomVest, and many FinTech leaders from PayPal, eBay, Google, and more.
We are building the future of financial services for the 12+ million individual landlords and real estate investors who own over 25 million homes in the United States. Our mission is to empower landlords with financial services, automated tools, and actionable insights to help them save time, increase their returns, and grow their investment portfolios.
We are a seasoned team with deep experience in financial services and technology. We have previously worked at companies including The Boston Consulting Group, Morgan Stanley, Plaid, Harry’s, Better, WealthSimple, RBC Ventures, Affirm, NorthOne, RazorPay, and more.
We have offices in New York City and Toronto.
Learn more at baselane.com.
About the Role
Baselane is seeking a motivated, self-starter, and analytical growth affiliate marketer to join our high-performing team. As a growth marketer, you will play a crucial role in expanding our brand presence and customer base through strategic affiliate partnerships. Your creative thinking and strong execution skills will contribute to our mission to empower millions of real estate investors.
Reporting directly to the Head of Partnerships and Affiliate Marketing, you will be tasked with cultivating and managing our existing affiliate channel partnerships while recruiting and onboarding new partners and affiliates.
You will work cross-functionally with the Baselane leadership team, Growth, CX, Operations, and Product teams. Success in this position requires a keen, creative mind, the ability to adapt to a fast-paced startup environment, and an intrinsic drive to build and sustain meaningful relationships with current and prospective partners and affiliates. If this resonates with you, we invite you to join us.
- Recruit new partners and affiliates across an array of channels
- Build repeatable, scalable processes for prospecting and recruiting affiliates; use different techniques for cold and warm email, LinkedIn, and phone prospecting.
- Build and nurture strong relationships with existing partners and affiliates, providing them with the necessary resources, support, and guidance to maximize their performance.
- Drive growth in a broad set of product categories, including banking, rent collection, and embedded finance products (insurance, lending) while maintaining sustainable CAC
- Develop compensation structures to optimize the ROI of affiliates; get creative in developing programs and incentives to win and incent affiliates
- Monitor and analyze affiliate performance, track key metrics against goals, and provide regular reports to optimize ROI
- Perform competitive analysis and find opportunities for Baselane to win against top competitors. Stay current on the latest news and trends across the industry.
- Ensure affiliate referrals are qualified and commission payments are accurate; manage issues related to fraud and referral quality
- Collaborate with the Growth and Design teams to create engaging affiliate marketing materials, including banners, landing pages, and promotional content.
Required Skills and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in business, marketing, or a related field.
- Proven experience (3 years) in affiliate marketing or marketing partnerships, preferably in the fintech, banking, real estate, or financial services industry.
- Strong understanding of affiliate marketing concepts, growth partnerships, performance metrics, and conversion optimization techniques.
- Experience with CPA, CPC, CPL, and CPM payment models.
- Proficient in affiliate tracking models, tools (Impact, ShareaSale, Commission Junction), and platforms.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to manage relationships with affiliates and cross-functional teams effectively.
- Strong analytical, negotiation, and problem-solving skills.
- Acumen in staying updated on industry trends, recognizing potential new partners, and leveraging industry events for networking.
- High accountability and ownership with attention to excellence and effective collaboration.
- Desire to work in a high-growth and fast-moving company with high expectations.
- Tech start-up experience
- Real estate investing experience
- Knowledge of banking products/services, banking operations, and current market trends
- Creative thinker with the ability to develop innovative affiliate campaigns that resonate with our target audience
- Ability to travel (less than 10%)
What's in it for you?
- Be part of a dynamic, driven team with flat hierarchies and collaborative company culture.
- Training and development budget can be used for conferences and attending development courses to ensure professional growth.
- Regular team events, game nights, and other social activities.
- Annual team events in NY or Toronto.
Benefits & Perks
- Competitive compensation
- Equity - Ownership in what we are building!
- High-quality Medical, Vision, and Dental Insurance
- Life Insurance and Disability Coverage
- Generous time off
- Flexible working hours and location
- Remote working stipend to set up a home office
- One Medical membership
- Regular social events
- Report to: The Head of Partnerships and Affiliate Marketing
- Team: Partnerships & Growth
- Location: For this position, we welcome everyone to apply, but we will prioritize applications from the following locations: Toronto, Atlanta, and NYC.
- Start date: As soon as possible