Growth Marketing Specialist
Marketing & Communications, Sales & Business Development
Toronto, ON, Canada
Posted on Wednesday, September 13, 2023
Baselane is a rapidly growing banking and financial management platform for individual landlords and real estate investors. We are backed by leading FinTech investors, including Activant Capital, Collaborative Fund, Conversion Capital, Diagram Ventures, ThomVest, and many FinTech leaders from PayPal, eBay, Google, and more.
We are building the future of financial services for the 12+ million individual landlords and real estate investors who own over 25 million homes in the United States. Our mission is to empower landlords with financial services, automated tools, and actionable insights to help them save time, increase their returns, and grow their investment portfolios.
We are a seasoned team with deep experience in financial services and technology. We have previously worked at companies including The Boston Consulting Group, Morgan Stanley, Plaid, Harry’s, Better, WealthSimple, RBC Ventures, Affirm, NorthOne, RazorPay, and more.
Learn more at baselane.com.
About the Role
Baselane is seeking a dynamic, data-driven Growth Marketing Specialist to join our team. The ideal candidate will be responsible for driving business growth by improving new user activation, conversion, and overall retention rate.
You will work closely with our analytics, product, and partnership teams to support the launch of core growth initiatives, analyze their performance, and optimize them accordingly.
This role is essential to the day-to-day operations of our growth team and requires an individual who can execute in an extremely fast-paced and constantly changing environment. As an early member of the growth team, you’ll have a direct impact on company-level goals.
- Support growth initiatives through ideation, execution, and analysis stages.
- Plan, develop, and execute strategies that optimize and scale our lifecycle marketing program.
- Partner with analytics and product teams to create and execute a roadmap of experiments that improve metrics across the entire funnel.
- Run the necessary analysis to identify, size, and prioritize opportunities to maximize impact on new user growth and revenue.
- Collaborate with product and business partnership teams to manage product notifications, referral program, and new partner requests.
- Develop, maintain, and share process documentation.
Required Skills & Experience
- Bachelor's degree in business, marketing, or a related field.
- 2+ years of experience in growth marketing or lifecycle marketing, preferably in the fintech, banking, real estate, or financial services industry.
- Exposure to several marketing channels, including Lifecycle, SEO, Paid, and Referral.
- Experience in experimentation, translating data into hypotheses, executing A/B tests, and optimizing campaigns.
- Excellent communication and storytelling abilities with a talent for crafting compelling brand propositions and engaging campaigns.
- Proficient with marketing tools and platforms (Customer.io, Asana, GA4, Google Ads, Mixpanel).
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to analyze and interpret data to make informed decisions.
- You live in Toronto or the GTA; we work in the office two days a week! Our office is 3 blocks from Union Station.
Preferred Skills & Experience
- Hands-on experience designing email campaigns, writing copy, and launching multi-channel user journeys in automation platforms like Customer.io, Iterable, or Braze.
- Passionate about digital marketing and willingness to learn.
- Knowledge of banking products/services, banking operations, and current market trends.
- Comfortable working with a variety of cross-functional teams.
Benefits & Perks
- Competitive compensation
- Equity - Ownership in what we are building!
- High-quality Medical, Vision, and Dental Insurance
- Life Insurance and Disability Coverage
- Generous time off
- Flexible working hours and location
- Remote working stipend to set up a home office
- Regular social events