Co-Founder & Chief Lending Operations Officer, New Venture: SaaS Collection Platform
We are launching a tech company developing a SaaS product that increases efficiency and performance of financial institutions’ early delinquency collection operations while providing a humane experience for customers in financial distress. We are looking for an entrepreneurial and highly experienced Chief Lending Operations Officer to bring the venture to success. This person will be a founder of the business and will act as the main subject matter expert internally and externally in order to influence the product management and inform the sales process.
Please note: This is not an employee opportunity at Diagram Ventures, but in a new company created through our venture studio model. This company will be independent of Diagram Ventures, and the founding team will receive the majority of the equity in the venture.
Despite most merchants having adopted digital channels for all their communications with consumers, the financial services are lagging behind when it comes to their collection process. Most lenders today are still overly, if not exclusively, reliant on call centers to communicate with financially distressed borrowers. Antiquated methods and technology, lack of resources and fear of regulations have kept them away from fully embracing omni-channel communication strategies.
However, we believe lenders, now more than ever, need to rethink their first-party collections processes. The high interest rates environment combined with new regulations coming into effect pushes the industry for a major overhaul.
Our newly created venture is leveraging data, analytics and behavioral science to modernize the collection process for lenders. The platform is built to integrate easily with existing systems and ensure end-to-end compliance to all applying regulations.
The founder and Chief Lending Operations Officer will bring a strong lending operations expertise to act as the main collection experts internally and in front of potential clients, helping build the sales process and make introductions to potential clients.
Who we are looking for
We are assembling the dream team of entrepreneurs, technologists, and financial services specialists, and we are now looking for an accomplished Chief Lending Operations Officer to build the venture. If you are up for it, you will:
- Act as the main collection expert internally and externally and will work closely with the CEO and CTO to define the company’s culture vision and strategy.
- Work closely with the product and engineering team: help building the roadmap and architecture, participate in product reviews, ensure differentiation with adjacent competing solutions.
- Be involved in building the enterprise sales process. Help navigate the complex banking technology decision making process and identify key stakeholders.
- Be comfortable in participating in the sales process with potential clients.
- Bring a stellar reputation as an expert in first-party collections and bring an extensive network in the lending industry.
Background and experience
- The candidate has held senior management roles in loans servicing, including collections ops, at well established lenders (banks, fintech, specialized lenders, credit unions).
- Has deep operational experience managing call center operations in 1P collections.
- The person has experience with implementing and running digital collections channels in 1P collections.
- Has held decision making positions in terms of lending technologies choices (LMS, CRM, dialers, collections tech, etc) and the challenges around integration and data management.
- The candidate has extensive understanding of collections regulations (FDCPA, TCPA, states vs federal, etc.)
Other desirable assets:
- The person is proficient in analytics for collections: population segmentation, performance reports, industry benchmarking, etc.
- Has worked with engineering, data science and product teams to develop and bring collections technology into production.
- A consistent track record in leadership roles: hiring, leading and growing a team, ideally in a start-up or scale-up environment in a founding position.
- Ideally the candidate has had exposure to the VC fundraising process at early-stage startups.
About Diagram Ventures
Diagram is a venture builder that conceives and launches technology companies in the financial, crypto, and climate industries. We've designed a unique platform for entrepreneurs who have a proven track record or domain expertise to start their next business by combining access to venture capital investment, hands-on support, and a vast network of partners and incumbents. Since 2016, Diagram has raised over $205M and launched 18 new companies across North America. Our ecosystem is home to 200+ angel investors, including 60+ entrepreneurs with >$15B in exits and an extended global network of corporate partners, investors, and builders. Notable Diagram portfolio companies include Synctera (Series A), ](https://www.conduit.financial/)[Tallied (Seed) and Dialogue (IPO).
Applying for this position
Diagram and its portfolio companies are equal opportunity employers. We appreciate your interest in working with us; however, only those applicants selected for interviews will be contacted. Diagram may contact you about other possible opportunities you may be a fit for. We launch five new ventures each year and are continually excited to talk to founders and top talent who want to join us.