Senior Legal Counsel, Corporate and Commercial Law
Your role as Senior Legal Counsel, Corporate and Commercial Law
Reporting to the Vice-President, Legal Affairs, the successful candidate will provide support to several departments of the company, including sales, operations, human resources and more.
What you’ll be doing:
- Drafting, negotiating and interpreting various types of commercial contracts.
- Provide legal opinions and strategic advice to the executive team.
- Provide ongoing legal support to various departments and business units.
- Provide timely and practical legal advice regarding the company’s day-to-day commercial and operational activities.
- Conduct legal and regulatory research in support of business initiatives.
- Act as legal advisor on strategic business transactions, including the negotiation of a wide range of commercial agreements involving complex, multi-stakeholder legal issues.
- Conduct legal risk assessments relating to proposed business and operational decisions and work with business leaders to mitigate risks to stakeholders.
- Participate in cross-functional initiatives and projects, such as impact assessments related to new legislation, new service offerings or new products.
We'd love to hear from you if you have:
- 3-5 years’ experience in corporate, commercial or M&A law acquired within a company or in private practice.
- A practical solutions-oriented approach anchored in a team-based approach.
- Relevant experience in the healthcare, technology or privacy sectors, and familiarity with regulated environments, would be an asset.
- Excellent legal knowledge and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to write, negotiate and manage priorities and a large volume of files simultaneously.
- Ability to establish excellent interpersonal relationships and communicate clearly and effectively to various multidisciplinary teams both internally and externally, both in a corporate environment and with legal professionals.
- Autonomy to develop programs, policies, processes and other documents.
- Professionalism, excellent sense of ethics and responsibility in addition to possessing good business acumen.
- Ability to work as part of a team and to collaborate, while also having the ability to work independently.
- Bachelor's degree in civil law (LL.B. or LL.L.) and member of the Quebec or Ontario Bar.
- Bilingualism essential (French and English). The person in this position will be called upon to communicate and collaborate with colleagues and other stakeholders, by e-mail and telephone, in Quebec, in Canada and the United Kingdom.
At Dialogue, your well-being is our priority
Taking care of others also means taking care of our team. We’ve got you covered!
- A fully funded benefits plan, including a wellness reimbursement program
- Unlimited access to a variety of Dialogue's programs for you and your immediate family
- 4 weeks of vacation, 9 wellness days and 1 paid volunteer day
- A flexible schedule and a hybrid work approach
- An allocated budget for continuous training
- Short and long-term incentive plans, including restricted stock units (RSUs)
- An optional parental benefits program
Dialogue is the #1 virtual care provider in Canada. By developing our Integrated Health Platform🅫, we provide exceptional online health and wellness programs (primary care, mental health, iCBT, EAP, and wellness) to organizations that want to improve the wellness of their employees and families.
When it comes to our work, we set the bar high. Together, we’re transforming health and helping millions improve their well-being. We’re firm believers that great people don’t settle on:
Feel like you can make a difference? Good news, we saved you a seat!