Senior Software Engineer, Back-end (Member Experience)
What is Dialogue
Dialogue is the leading Canadian virtual care provider that delivers exceptional online health and wellness programs dedicated exclusively to organizations who wish to improve the well-being of their members and families. Our Integrated Health Platform™ seamlessly connects our transformational programs - primary care, mental health and EAP - into one consistent experience. One app. Multiple wellness programs. Hundreds of Dialogue teammates working to elevate the care experience for millions of people and generate positive outcomes for thousands of organizations.
Your role as Senior Software Engineer, Back-end, Member Experience
The Member Experience group is looking for a Senior Software Engineer to work on our members' APIs and applications.
The Member Experience group is responsible for the entire journey of our members, from the moment they obtain access to Dialogue to the resolution of a health problem and the improvement of their quality of life. We use Net Promoter Score (NPS) and Member Behavior Index (MBI) to measure member satisfaction with our products and services and identify areas for improvement.
To continously improve the member experience, we strive to understand our members' needs, goals, motivations and challenges and develop plans that account for their current solutions. We also use past work and results to inform our plans for the short and long term future. Our teams work together to develop solutions that create the best possible experience for our members.
Within the Member Experience group, we work on a variety of projects, including backend services, as well as new features and improvements for end users.
Reporting to Nicholas Sulik, Senior Staff Engineer in the Member Experience group, you will participate in the design of this experience with the members of your team by discussing and challenging the proposals of the product manager and the user experience designer and you will build the member experience through the design of APIs and data models to persist.
In this role, you will be responsible for:
- Work closely with the team to establish priorities and the scope to be delivered.
- Design, develop and maintain APIs and data models to persist.
- Collaborate with other teams to develop, maintain & integrate back-end components across the infrastructure.
- Contribute to the development and improvement of data pipelines to ensure effective management of information flows.
- Explore and implement new and emerging technologies to continuously improve the platform.
- Build, improve and manage critical applications and HTTP services.
- Determine, refine and prioritize work items based on their business value, in collaboration with the Product Manager.
- Write and participate in the development of technical design documents to align the team on clear solutions
- Write precise, readable and testable code and maintainable test suites that constitute a good example for other Dialogue engineers
- Improve the skills and effectiveness of other engineers through code review, documentation, and direct guidance
You should apply if:
- You have 5 years or more of experience in distributed systems, API design, relational or non-relational modeling.
- You have solid experience architecturing, organizing and shipping large software projects.
- You think about data structures and algorithms, and you apply them to build robust and scalable systems.
- You break down system and product development work into incremental changes to consistently produce value.
- You communicate clearly and effectively with technical and non-technical colleagues, in a variety of contexts.
- Proficiency in Python, PostgreSQL, DynamoDB and other AWS services is an asset.
- Prior experience with FastAPI, PostgreSQL, DynamoDB, Docker or Kubernetes is an asset.
What it's like to be part of Dialogue Engineering
Empowered teams. Our teams own objectives, not projects. This means that your team is empowered to creatively engineer solutions rather than just implement someone else’s ideas. Dialogue engineers regularly meet with stakeholders to learn about their needs, collect feedback, and collaboratively iterate on the product.
Fast development cycles. We’ve built mature continuous integration pipelines and automated testing to drive quick cycles, readable code reviews, and low defect rates. Simple web and backend changes can be verified and safely shipped to production in minutes, while our mobile apps and care platform maintain a working pre-prod branch and a tight release schedule.
DevOps mindset. Our applications are deployed to an auto-scaling Kubernetes cluster on AWS defined with infra-as-code. We are constantly working to secure, standardize, and improve our infrastructure, tooling, and tech stack. At Dialogue, the “right” way is often the same as the “easy” way.
At Dialogue, your well-being is our priority
Taking care of others also means taking care of our team. We’ve got you covered!
- A fully funded benefits plan, including a wellness reimbursement program
- Unlimited access to a variety of Dialogue's programs for you and your immediate family
- 4 weeks of vacation, 9 wellness days and 1 paid volunteer day
- A flexible schedule and a hybrid work approach
- An allocated budget for continuous training
- Short and long-term incentive plans, including restricted stock units (RSUs)
- An optional parental benefits program
Dialogue is the #1 virtual care provider in Canada. By developing our Integrated Health Platform🅫, we provide exceptional online health and wellness programs (primary care, mental health, iCBT, EAP, and wellness) to organizations that want to improve the wellness of their employees and families.
When it comes to our work, we set the bar high. Together, we’re transforming health and helping millions improve their well-being. We’re firm believers that great people don’t settle on:
Feel like you can make a difference? Good news, we saved you a seat!