Senior Software Engineer, Backend
Please note that although all positions at Synctera are remote, candidates must be located and authorized to work in the US or Canada as a precondition of employment. Synctera does not sponsor applicants for work visas.
What We're Doing
At Synctera, we’re powering the future of FinTech. We help companies create new revenue streams and enhance their value proposition with FinTech apps and embedded banking products. With APIs, compliance support, and bank partners in one end-to-end Banking as a Service platform, Synctera is the fastest and easiest way to build, launch, and scale bank accounts, debit cards, charge cards, lending, and more.
We are looking for interesting, curious, wickedly smart people who are ready to jump in and run with our fast-growing team. If you want to have fun at work, collaborate with some of the sharpest people in the industry, grow the FinTech and Banking as a Service ecosystem, and love to win, read on!
What You’ll Do
- Develop services and utilities in Go (Golang)
- Create integration strategies for third party financial services networks and products
- Work with the product team and other engineers to understand financial services challenges and develop solutions to address them
- Be a leader on the ground and in the code
- Envision cleaner, simpler ways to solve problems
- Keep learning, keep growing and help your team do the same
- Determine process improvements, best practices, and develop new processes
- Work in close partnership with cross-functional teams
- Mentor Software Engineers to allow for skill/knowledge development through advice, coaching, and training opportunities
What You’ll Bring
- 8+ years of professional experience working as a Software Engineer
- Strong experience with Go (Golang)
- Experience with PostgreSQL
- Experience in using and creating RESTful APIs, which will be consumed by FinTech customers
- Experience with developing Microservices based applications
- Experience with serverless cloud deployment architectures
- Relevant work experience or a graduate from a related educational program
Nice to Have
- Experience with Terraform / GCP (Google Cloud Platform)
- Experience working in FinTech startups or other financial services companies, with a solid understanding of financial concepts, products, and regulations
Diversity & Inclusion
Synctera is committed to having a workforce that is reflective of the diversity within the United States and Canada. As an equal opportunity employer, we encourage applications from candidates from underrepresented communities, Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, persons of diverse sexual orientation and gender identity, and all those who can provide different perspectives and contribute to the diversification of Synctera.
- 100% employer paid medical, dental, and vision benefits for US and Canadian employees and dependents
- Employer contribution to HSA for US employees
- Annual HCSA and generous extended health care coverage for Canadian employees and dependents
- 401(k) for US employees and RRSP for Canadian employees
- Mental health resources available for all employees
- Unlimited paid time off
- Generous paid new parent leave program
- Home office setup stipend
- Stock options program for all employees
- Growth potential and opportunity to have a significant impact at an early stage of our company's journey
- Working with a team of rockstars (+ a monthly happy hour with the team!)
The salary range for this full-time position (USD: $150,000- $185,000, CAD: $145,000-$180,000) is determined by role, level, and location. The range informed in this job posting reflects the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries across all US and Canadian locations. Within the range, individual pay will be determined by work location, job-related skills, experience, relevant training, and other factors.
To all recruiters and recruitment agencies: Synctera does not accept unsolicited resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias or to Synctera employees without an active vendor agreement in place. Synctera is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.