Compliance Consultant (Contract)
With the current increase in job recruitment phishing scams globally, we wanted to remind you that all official communications from Synctera will only come from a synctera.com email address.
Please note that although all positions at Synctera are remote, candidates must be located and authorized to work in the US or Canada as a precondition of employment. Synctera does not sponsor applicants for work visas.
What We're Doing
At Synctera, we’re powering the future of FinTech. We help companies create new revenue streams and enhance their value proposition with FinTech apps and embedded banking products. With APIs, compliance support, and bank partners in one end-to-end Banking as a Service platform, Synctera is the fastest and easiest way to build, launch, and scale bank accounts, debit cards, charge cards, lending, and more.
We are looking for interesting, curious, wickedly smart people who are ready to jump in and run with our fast-growing team. If you want to have fun at work, collaborate with some of the sharpest people in the industry, grow the FinTech and Banking as a Service ecosystem, and love to win, read on!
What We’re Looking For
If being on the ground floor of an exciting new startup working within the BaaS space seems interesting, keep reading!
As a Compliance Consultant, you will be responsible for conducting investigations related to suspicious or unusual activity, including Fraud, AML, KYC, Dispute Chargebacks, and other compliance matters. You have strong analytical skills and can communicate effectively with internal and external stakeholders. This role will detect and investigate financial fraud on the Synctera platform by monitoring complex FinTech end-user verification and identification data, account activity, and external data sources to ensure compliance with sponsor bank regulatory and operational policies. This role is highly production-oriented, and you must be able to work efficiently and independently in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
What You'll Do
- Investigate various system-generated alerts in our case management platform, including alerts for potential transaction fraud, unusual activity, and chargeback disputes.
- Investigate KYCs flagged for manual review for potential watchlist hits, and rule out synthetic or identity theft fraud.
- Collaborate with other internal and external stakeholders to gather and analyze data related to the investigation.
- Produce clear and concise investigation reports for sponsor banks.
- Recommend and implement corrective actions and/or risk mitigation strategies based on the investigation results.
- Willingness to assist with complex work assignments with minimal supervision while adhering to timelines and procedures to ensure on-time and accurate completion of tasks;
- Stay current on enforcement trends to ensure investigations follow industry best practices.
- Maintain subject matter expertise of all applicable federal and state laws, regulations, and guidance, including those related to Anti-Money Laundering (i.e., Bank Secrecy Act, USA PATRIOT Act, etc.), and adhere to company policies and procedures and client requirements.
What You'll Bring
- At least 2 years of experience working in fraud or investigation operations at a financial institution.
- Knowledge of banking regulations, including BSA/AML, KYC, OFAC sanctions, etc.
- Relevant professional certifications are preferred (e.g., CFE, CAMS).
- Strong understanding of fraud trends and patterns.
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect and verify significant amounts of information with impeccable attention to detail and accuracy.
- Effective communication and ability to interact well with others and to establish credibility and subject matter expertise.
- Technical knowledge is a plus as we work with a lot of developers.
- A bachelor's degree in law, finance, technology, or a related discipline.
Diversity & Inclusion
Synctera is committed to having a workforce that is reflective of the diversity within the United States and Canada. As an equal opportunity employer, we encourage applications from candidates from underrepresented communities, Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, persons of diverse sexual orientation and gender identity, and all those who can provide different perspectives and contribute to the diversification of Synctera.
To all recruiters and recruitment agencies: Synctera does not accept unsolicited resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias or to Synctera employees without an active vendor agreement in place. Synctera is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.