With the current increase in job recruitment phishing scams globally, we wanted to remind you that all official communications from Synctera will only come from a synctera.com email address.
Please note that although all positions at Synctera are remote, candidates must be located and authorized to work in the US or Canada as a precondition of employment. Synctera does not sponsor applicants for work visas.
What We're Doing
At Synctera, we’re powering the future of FinTech. We help companies create new revenue streams and enhance their value proposition with FinTech apps and embedded banking products. With APIs, compliance support, and bank partners in one end-to-end Banking as a Service platform, Synctera is the fastest and easiest way to build, launch, and scale bank accounts, debit cards, charge cards, lending, and more.
We are looking for interesting, curious, wickedly smart people who are ready to jump in and run with our fast-growing team. If you want to have fun at work, collaborate with some of the sharpest people in the industry, grow the FinTech and Banking as a Service ecosystem, and love to win, read on!
What We’re Looking For
As the Accounting Manager, you will play a pivotal role in overseeing the Synctera accounting team, ensuring accuracy, compliance, and efficiency. You will be responsible for managing a team of 4-5 international contractors who will assist with day-to-day accounting workflows as well as with closing the books. Your primary responsibilities will include:
What You'll Do
Revenue Recognition & Billing
- Ensure timely and accurate billing of our customers by utilizing our internal billing system
- Implement and manage revenue recognition processes in accordance with industry standards.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to ensure accurate recording of revenue transactions.
Accounts Payable and Receivable:
- Utilize Ramp, Xero, Float and other systems to oversee the accounts payable and receivable processes to ensure timely and accurate payments and collections.
- Monitor cash flow and manage relationships with vendors and customers.
- Manage daily banking activities, including reconciliations, fund transfers, and cash management.
- Develop and maintain relationships with financial institutions.
- Utilize ADP to oversee end-to-end payroll processes, ensuring accuracy and compliance with state regulations.
- Collaborate with HR to address payroll-related matters and implement improvements.
- Manage timely month-end close process.
- Generate and analyze financial reports for internal and external stakeholders.
- Ensure compliance with accounting principles and regulatory requirements.
What You’ll Bring
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, or a related field; CPA designation preferred.
- Proven experience (ideally 4-6 years) in a senior accounting role, preferably in a startup environment.
- Familiarity with accounting and payments software, especially Ramp, Float, and Xero.
- Strong understanding of revenue recognition principles and financial reporting standards.
- Experience managing an accounting team.
- Excellent analytical, organizational, and communication skills.
- Strong Excel skills (pivot tables, v-lookups, etc.).
Diversity & Inclusion
Synctera is committed to having a workforce that is reflective of the diversity within the United States and Canada. As an equal opportunity employer, we encourage applications from candidates from underrepresented communities, Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, persons of diverse sexual orientation and gender identity, and all those who can provide different perspectives and contribute to the diversification of Synctera.
- 100% employer paid medical, dental, and vision benefits for US and Canadian employees and dependents
- Employer contribution to HSA for US employees
- Annual HCSA and generous extended health care coverage for Canadian employees and dependents
- 401(k) for US employees and RRSP for Canadian employees
- Mental health resources available for all employees
- Unlimited paid time off
- Generous paid new parent leave program
- Home office setup stipend
- Stock options program for all employees
- Growth potential and opportunity to have a significant impact at an early stage of our company's journey
- Working with a team of rockstars (+ a monthly happy hour with the team!)
The salary range for this full-time position (USD: $129,000-$156,000, CAD: $115,000-$150,000) is determined by role, level, and location. The range informed in this job posting reflects the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries across all US and Canadian locations. Within the range, individual pay will be determined by work location, job-related skills, experience, relevant training, and other factors.
To all recruiters and recruitment agencies: Synctera does not accept unsolicited resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias or to Synctera employees without an active vendor agreement in place. Synctera is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.